Friday, April 5, 2024

dirty vegtables

I am swelling on a thought that seems trivial, but it will not keep popping up so, I will write it down and be down with it. It started when I was cutting my lettuce this morning. I wondered what sort of life it had, and to end up in Mississippi? And what's that smell? Is it just dirt? Wonder if I ought to be planting my own garden yet, it might be too cold at night, though we did watch a video this morning about how hardy growing things become after being exposed to adversity...ya da ya da... I ended up thinking as I washed an old dish if maybe that strange earthy smell when I cut vegetables is the introduction of an invasive species into my too clean environment. Maybe if I kill off too many micro organisms the only ones left will be immune to my "cleaning" and it will be a situation like in Dune where the machines meant to help man took over. Perhaps, buying vegetables at the store will make a super soldier parasite that will take over the world! Oh no!

But, now I am laughing as I recall a woman who told a story about the Danes selling shoddy grain to Icelanders who actually ate it and then told some "far out" stories like some weird amalgamation of a bull that ended up tormenting and killing it's creator, and his descendents.

Moral of this story, becareful how much you clean those outsourced vegtables! 😀

No comments: