My last thought was about goldfish. Upon seeing a very large fish on deadliest catch, it was explained that it was of the goldfish family which are known to adapt to their environment. I Also remember huge Lingcod and Cabezon along with Dungenous crabs at Edmonds Underwater park. They were protected there. It was illegal to fish or exploit the sea life in any way so they were free of predators and allowed to thrive. I see that in our cultures. Like me, I am taller than my parents, and that is common. It is not any suprise that I am growing bigger because I live a life of relative ease.
Friday, August 7, 2026
morning thought
This morning I keep thinking about How many calories I need, not what some rediculous clanker suggests, but from experience and trial and error, I have found my daily requirement to be much higher than is recommended. I loose weight and feel better and less like I am trying to force a square block into a round hole. This thought led me to consider Joseph and how it is unlikely he is getting nearly enough calories. When I was his age, I was ravenous, and had to supplement with sweets and cookies, etc. His comment was that sugar is Mankind's cheat. He explained that ir would be nearly impossible to get enough calories from nature.... how brilliant. That made me rethink notions about the Nephites being huge. Sure, he was of large stature but, he lived in the dessert basically for years, how large could he actually be and survive? I recall something about a race of beings being giants, could be the jotun, from Norse mythology, don't recall. But, they got into wars with the normal sized people who tried to take them in because they ate too much, literally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment