Wednesday, October 9, 2024

this morning's diet realization

I had decided it was all good theory, but not practice as I ended a prolonged fast very disappointed getting none of the expected results, I felt like I had been scammed. This time it hurt because I believed it fully, whereas many times I merely had a hope crushed.
I still couldn't share the feeling like I could do something and giving up was not it. This morning I realized something. It was my high, exercise induced glucose. That was what needed to change. My exercise was a trigger, and stressed me and kept me from loosing weight. I did not exhaust my sugar stores or convert to fat burning, because this was neither the time or place. My over exercise communicated that I was constantly in pursuit and my very life must be at stake cause I did not even have time to sleep or recover.
   I am going to try again, only, this time, I am not going to increase my work, but do less, sleep more and fast comfortably. I still believe it will work, and that the failure lies on my end.
Just had this thought to add as the kids left for school. I have been staying up past 11 cause of my husband, and getting up at 4 am for my son for over 15 years, no wonder my body has issues trusting me. I want to do a 5-day reset and then just establish a plan of going to bed and sleeping continuously for at least 6 hours, and then not eating between the hours of 7pm and 3pm. That should be easy easy. And eliminate anything, but daily peaceful walking.

No comments: